The Indianapolis Colts (2-1) host the Los Angeles Rams (1-2) this Sunday, October 1st. Aaron Donald and Matthew Stafford will lead the way for the Rams as they look to take advantage of the Colts’ banged-up offensive line.
Date/Time: October 1st, 2023, 1 PM ET
Weather Forecast: 82 degrees F, Sunny
Broadcast Crew: Kenny Albert (play-by-play), Jonathan Vilma (color analyst)
Stream: Fubo, NFL Sunday Ticket
Radio: 93.5/107.5 The Fan and 97.1 HANK FM, ESPN LA 710 AM and 93.1 JACK FM
Radio Crew: Matt Taylor (play-by-play), Rick Venturi (color analyst), and Larra Overton (sideline reporter)
There are three main storylines to follow from a Colts perspective this week; Youth, Defense, & Aaron Donald.
The week’s matchup features two of the league’s youngest teams facing off. The Rams are the NFL’s 2nd youngest team (25.3 avg age), whereas the Colts roster the league’s 3rd youngest squad (25.4). Youth and inexperience will be littered all over Lucas Oil Stadium this Sunday, with the youngest of them all in QB Anthony Richardson set to make his return from injury.
The defense is the weak link of this young Rams team, but with Aaron Donald leading the charge, their collective power is immediately increased. An inspiring look on paper, this Rams defense is currently 26th in defensive DVOA through 3 weeks. The Rams are among the worst in the league at creating turnovers: T-2nd worst in interceptions (1) and forced fumbles (1). An expected bottom-of-the-league output thus far, this is where the Colts look to have an advantage and need to execute.
As alluded to, Aaron Donald is certainly the most prolific name to be featured in Sunday’s game. As any team does on a weekly basis, the Colts will have their hands full trying to keep Donald out of the Colts’ backfield. He has remained as dominant as ever amidst his 10th NFL season, posting a league-best 91.2 pass-rush grade and 13.46% pressure rate. More on his presence and the matchup between him and Quenton Nelson can be found in this story of ours from earlier in the week.
— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) September 29, 2023
- C Ryan Kelly looks to have suffered a setback within the concussion protocol and is officially OUT Sunday.
- LT Bernhard Raimann had concussion symptoms heading into Friday’s practice and is now in the protocol.
- RT Braden Smith and DT Grover Stewart found their way onto the injury report Friday but are expected to play.
- Rams HC Sean McVay on Friday said Jackson was, “probably a game-time decision.”
- On Wednesday, McVay said it was “just soreness” regarding Skowronek and Higbee’s Achilles injuries, per Stu Jackson, Sr. Rams Staff Writer.
More from The Blue Stable: